The world faced a massive pandemic and it will be remembered by young generation for a long long time, in which the younger generation saw massive job cuts, reduced salary and very low social interaction and emotional stress.
Halwa making function was held and now final touches must be in the works for the budget. We may not see any physical copies of the budget being printed in the basement of the Ministry of Finance, North Block. India may see zero growth as some sectors face massive layoffs, especially in the hospitality and aviation sector and global travel. As union budget will be presented at 11.00 am on 1st February 2021, I take the liberty to suggest few points for the Union budget for measures for cutting flab and unnecessary purchases by the Government in the next financial year.
- Seize and impound all vehicles lying on roads, parking lots, railway stations, inside housing societies, airport parking lots, old buses, trolley, and vehicles lying at police stations and hand them over to the rolling mills. This will help produce cheap steel and make India clean and roads wider to travel. This is other than bringing the scrap policy. Vehicles older than 20 years are lying in the CBI parking lots.
- All fixed deposits issued by banks must be made available on Demat accounts. Carry out datamining to find similarities of names, pan numbers and fake people. Many banks collide with depositors and ensure that each fixed deposit does earn less than Rs. 2499/- and people save income tax. All interest earned on single PAN like mashup and new facilities made available while filling of income tax. All income earned is combined and nation will earn income. Similarly all ppf and saving accounts of post office must be made into demat accounts.
- Before demat came into existence, we were given physical shares. Most of the people were issued and companies got wound up, leaving with us dead certificates. Now with the efforts of MCA, action is being taken on fake companies but in the depositories, special section must be added to add our companies which were delisted. This will be a great physiological relief to people who are around 65 – 70, who saw their hard earned money sunk. Companies have changed addresses, but citizens should be able to port the data into demat accounts.
- Please simplify rules to sell UTI and other investments made by dead parents, where there is no will. A large number of our parents bought UNITS for their kids and since no nomination was available, these units cannot be encashed. A simple letter and simple authorisation that it can be encashed by any son or daughter and even an authorisation from one brother to another or one sister to any brother should be allowed, even if they live abroad. This will free many hundred crores into accounts and save lot of money to maintain the accounts.
- All fixed deposits not claimed for more than 5 years after maturity must be seized by the Government and a special super fund must be created to help build a hospital for research. Such accounts are tempered and subject to massive frauds in the banks.
- A special instrument called digital performance guarantee deposit must be created for all tenders, which will get expired after 2 years and principal will get accrued back from where the electronic instrument was got created.
- Many MTNL offices were closed down and officers took VRS and now offices are empty and thousands of junction boxes are occupying road space with zero connection as citizens have surrendered their MTNL or BSNL land lines. These office space must either be auctioned off or given back either to the government departments like DDA or sold to general public. They must not be rented.
- All central government employees, state government and public sector employees must be forced to make a will after the age of 40 to safeguard the family safety.
- A large number of retired government servants take up post retirement jobs in the government or public sector or commissions. Central government retired servants can work till the age of 65 but DoPT must ensure that a circular is issued that even the PSUs must get rid of such consultants from active service. There is a process which is called nomination basis employment and curb must be placed on such employments, which will save thousands of crore worth of salary bill. Such partisan employment to few favourite must be totally stopped. One of the best things which Modi government did was extension of employment by 2 years and further.
- It is time that regular purchases of pencils, blades, erasers, sharpeners, plastic scales, tumblers, water jugs be stopped. These items are issued and pilferaged for home use.
- Corona period has ensured that travel budget be cut down drastically and people must be forced to carry out video conferencing to carry out official duty.
- Every year massive construction work do take place and costly granite flooring in made, a total ban must be made.
- New furniture purchases must banned for another 3 years and old furniture and steel almirahs must be donated to rural schools and old items must be sent to jails such that they can be got repaired and send to new schools with no furniture.
- Government has banned new hiring of drivers and once the drivers retire their vehicle is made to stand in the garage, thus the car gets further damaged. Its time to think out of box and auction off the old furniture through a government company called MSTC, whose mandate is to auction government items or alternatively schools can be given these old cars which are idling due to the retired drivers.
- Ministries sometimes force the public sectors under them to purchase vehicles and such purchases must not be made.
- NHAI must lay fibre cables along the highways just like the RailTel, which has laid fibre optical cables along the railway tracks.
- In Mumbai while moving in the metro train, I found growing of vegetables a very profitable way to keep the tracks clean and unemployed gainfully employed and make a living.
- Skilling must be given a new avatar. In this sector, the central government and other state governments have done very badly and skilled manpower are not getting jobs and salaries.
- Please increase deposit under 80C, increase the tax limit and crowd funding of social aspects of health like heart operations for poor must be encouraged.
- Incomes across the age and social strata have decreased during the last one year. Efforts must be made to dig wells and clean the wells such that water bodies are revived for increasing the water table.
The post Open letter to the Hon’ble Finance Minister from middle class Indian about their long awaited dreams appeared first on Trunicle.